Do you allow packages to be customized?

Our packages are designed to include most of the necessary and requested items for a perfect wedding day. You are welcome to add or upgrade items at an additional cost.

What are my options for the items included in the packages?

You are given choices for most of the items listed in the packages, such as the type of musician, flowers, cake flavors, etc. We will always do our best to find exactly what it is you're looking for.

Do you assist with all aspects of the wedding planning?

We are a full-service onsite wedding department, available to assist you with all of your wedding arrangements. We believe that the planning of your wedding should be an enjoyable and stress free experience and we will do everything to assist you and ensure that you have the wedding of your dreams.

Do you allow outside food or beverage?

No, Hawaii County Liquor Law prohibits any outside food or beverage to be served on property without being ordered by the hotel.

Are there any special discounts on rooms?

Yes, we offer discounted wedding rates to the wedding couple and all guests attending the wedding. Contact your planner for these rates. Not applicable to blackout dates and based on availability.

What should I know about obtaining a marriage license?

You may obtain a marriage license through the Department of Health in Kealakekua, about 20 minutes from Royal Kona Resort. They are open Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. They are closed Saturday, Sunday, State Holidays and Furlough days. We recommend you call prior to going to ensure they are open. Their phone number is (808) 974-6008. Marriage licenses are issued on a first come, first served basis. You are required to present a valid photo ID and $70 in cash, payable directly to the licensee. Ask your coordinator for information on independent licensing agents in the area whom you may also obtain a license from.

When do I need to have all my food, beverage and all other vendor services?

You are personally assigned to a Wedding Administrator who assists with all your details as your wedding approaches. They will assist with choices for food, beverage, entertainment, flowers, photography, etc. All decisions need to be finalized a minimum of thirty days in advance of the wedding date including all ceremony, reception and dinner details.

Can I ship my dress and other items in advance?

We will accept shipment(s) to the Hotel during normal business hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday through Friday up to two weeks in advance of the wedding date. It is highly recommended that a courier company be used to ship the items and insurance and a tracking number are obtained. The shipment must be addressed to the Hotel as follows:

The Royal Kona Resort
Attn: The Wedding Department
75-5852 Alii Drive
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Do you coordinate ceremony rehearsals?

We meet with all wedding couples upon arrival to review all wedding details so you are comfortable on how the wedding day will unfold. We encourage having wedding rehearsals for larger wedding parties and we are happy to provide them free of charge (additional cost for vendors to attend).

How do I secure my wedding date?

We require a signed contract accompanied by a $1000 deposit in order to secure your date, time and ceremony and/or reception location.

Will my $1000 deposit be applied to my final billing?

Yes, the entire deposit will be applied and noted on your final billing.

When is my final payment due?

Final payment is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.

When do I need to finalize my wedding event guest count?

We require a final guest count 30 days prior to your event.

When should I book my wedding date?

Wedding dates are booked on a first come, first served basis. After you finalize your date, contact our wedding department to coordinate your deposit and reserve your date.

How do I begin the process?

Fill out our online request form or call our wedding department at 808-930-3243 to begin the process.

Do you perform same-sex marriages?

Yes, same-sex marriages are now legal in the state of Hawaii and we are happy to perform them. Same sex couples must obtain a marriage license from the county in which they will be married which means if you get married at Royal Kona Resort, you must get your license on the Big Island.